Saturday, May 4, 2013

Butternut Squash Baby Food

I'm baaack!  Well it's been about a year since my last post...what could I have possibly done in the past year:
1. moved out west
2. got pregnant with twins...yes twins...
3. gave birth to twins...yes twins...
4. moved back to the midwest to be near family
5. survived one of the snowiest winters in the midwest in years

Well, here you all go with my first post back as a mother of 3 kids!  I'm not too sure how many posts on cooking i'll have since i'm just trying to get back into cooking after having the twins, but for sure the beloved pop culture posts will be abundant (since that's all I watch in the middle of the night while feeding an infant).
When I had my first child I made all his baby food.  Call me crazy, but I have decided to do the same for my twins...I may be crazy after all...  Anyways C doesn't like rice cearal and L loves any food you put in front of her so first pureed food is Butternut Squash.

Pureed Butternut Squash for babies
Ingredients:
Butternut squash (big or small)
8oz of water

Directions:
preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or one of those silicone baking mats.  Slice the Butternut in half and remove all seeds.  Place on parchment paper or baking mat cut side down and bake for about 1 hour (until the squash gets bubbly).  Put the squash and water in blender or food processor and puree until desired consistency.
I take an entire weekend and puree food and just spoon them in tons of ice cube trays and pop them in the freezer (covered in plastic wrap).  So easy and great for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment