Sunday, March 25, 2012

Waffle Grilled Cheese, Strawberry Parfaits & Lemon Monkey Bread Breakfast!

Today starts day one of Pinterest recipes.  I am absoultely obsessed with Pinterest and have saved a ton of recipes to my board.  Now that we are finally settled in our new house I get a chance to try out some of these yummy recipes.

Since my husband's birthday falls during the week I decided to make him a birthday breakfast and dessert (see next post for details).  The Eggo with bacon and cheddar grilled cheese came from the Food Network Magazine in the insert recipe book.  We also had Greek yogurt with strawberries coated in orange zest and juice and some yummy lemon buscuits.
Now it wouldn't be Mrs. D's Kitchen if I didn't mess something up a little bit right?  For the biscuits I accidentally bought the wrong ones so had to do with some refrigerated ones.  I also didn't have enough time to roast the strawberries for the parfaits so had to do without that as well.  All in all it was a great filling breakfast!

Eggo Waffles with Bacon and Cheddar Cheese
Defrost two Eggo waffles and set aside.  Once defrosted coat with a little butter and place a few slices of bacon and cheese between the two Eggos.  Place in a pan and cook as you would a regular grilled cheese.  Enjoy


Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits
This recipe came from a great new blog I found called Family Fresh Cooking.  This blog has great fresh recipes that are super easy to prepare.  See link below:
Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits


Lemon Monkey Bread
This recipe came from a great blog called Baker Lady.  She has great simple recipes.  See link below to this recipe:
Lemon Monkey Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment