Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Frittata

This was the very first Easter I hosted (to my husband and son).  It was really nice to be at home the three of us and have breakfast.  I found this Basil, Tomato & Feta Frittata in the Paula Deen May/June 2011 issue.  I have never even had a frittata before, but this one was fantastic!!!!  I got to use of my caste iron skillets I got from my sister and brother in law.  Those pans are fantastic for this kind of dish (also great for fish!).

Basil, Tomato & Feta Frittata
(by Paula Deen)
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups egg substitute
2 tablespoons whole milk
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped basil
salt and pepper
garnish with basil and fresh tomato
Directions:
In a small bowl whisk together eggs, egg substitute and milk.  Preheat boiler on low
in a boiler-safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes.  Add egg mixture, 6 tablespoons feta, basil, salt and pepper to skillet and stir and cover.  Reduce to low heat and cook for 15 minutes (took about 22 minutes for me) or until frittata is nearly set.  Uncover and sprinkle with feta.  Broil for 3-5 minutes (took about 10 for me) or until frittata is puffy and browned.  Garnish with basil and tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment