Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fettuccine with Prosciutto & Orange

This is far far from the fettuccine with tuna and canned sauce I used to make my husband when we first moved in together.  I kept telling myself (and everyone else) that I was a terrible cook and hated cooking.  Boy have things changed in the past 7+ years.  Now I love to cook and I have to say i'm not "terrible" at it anymore...Frankly I wasn't even sure if I was terrible, I just never really tried.  This recipe gives basic fettuccine alfredo a kick with a zest of orange.  From the Bon Appetit May issue.

Fettuccine with Prosciutto & Orange
Ingredients:
12oz Fettuccine noodles
2 tablespoons butter
2oz thinly sliced prosciutto torn into small pieces
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 zested orange and the juice
1/4 cup pamesan
Salt and pepper to taste
Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water
Directions:
Boil fettuccine noodles until al dente.  Drain and reserve pasta water.
Melt butter in large pan and add prosciutto.  Brown for about 3 minutes.
Add pasta water, cream, orange juice and 1/2 of the zest and bring to a boil
Add pasta and stir until sauce thickens.
Season with salt and pepper and top with cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is a grat dish, but it bears mentioning that you're only supposed to reserve a 1/4 cup of the pasta water!

    Happy Cooking, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison,
    Thanks for the note I will make the addition!

    ReplyDelete