Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shanghai Bistro Stillwater Opening

Sushi!
As my son, Max would say "num num num num num".  Nuff said...
Shanghai Bistro had their "soft opening" to their fourth restaurant in Stillwater this past weekend.  Here's the rundown
Location:
Just a few steps north of Main Street in a giant space that includes an outdoor patio for the spring/summer.  Inside it has a center bar all lit up complete with TV's to watch all the Minnesota sports (Twins!) games.  The sushi bar is cleverly located on one side of the restaurant almost making it seem like a totally different place than the rest of the restaurant. My favorite thing: VALET PARKING! 
Food:
Fantastic. 

We started with some appetizers: Crab Rangoon (yum), Potstickers (a family favorite of mine), Shrimp, and Edemame (my husband and I get this at every sushi restaurant we go to).
Drinks: Since I was still fighting off my spring cold I was not able to get my usual alcoholic drink of choice=wine, but the green tea served in its own teapot was very nice.  Great beer on tap and a wide variety of specialty drinks.
Now for the good stuff...SUSHI!!!

We had an array of great sushi rolls including: Red Dragon Roll, Salmon Avocado Roll, John Roll, Spider Roll, and Number 9 Roll (my staple roll I get everywhere).  All the sushi was fantastic.  None of the rolls fell apart before you put them in your mouth (so annoying when that happens) and the waitress told you what every roll was on the plate.

Dessert:



Not your typical Asian dessert, but the Tiramisu was great.  Very light and airy.  Big enough to share!
Service:
Sensational! Our waitress was great.  She was very down to earth and wasn't overly chatty.


Can't wait to go again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment