Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bistro-11

So last weekend I ended up in Tornado town (Loretto) for a sort of bridal shower dinner.  I didn't even know Highway 55 went that far out in the state.  Just when you think you have blown way past it, you come on this tiny town of a few newer buildings and Bistro-11.  Everything grown locally with a changing menu.  It was a very small restaurant, but the food was fantastic.  The bride-to-be had been there about 20 times I think.  We started off with Calamari (my favorite), beef kabobs and baked brie.  I ordered the Coque Au Vin (i've never had it before) and the chicken just fell off the bone.  It also came with a mashed potato puree and green beans (good, but not as good as Grandpa Bud's).  Because they had messed up our reservations we also got chocolate cake (the best i've ever had) and passion fruit cheesecake.
What a great place if you're willing to make the trek out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment