Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a great holiday weekend!  My husband and I were able to have a much needed date night this weekend and went to Ciao Bella in Edina for dinner.  We had no idea this restaurant existed and it's part of the same people who own Zelo in the Twin Cities (which we LOVE).  The restaurant looked so similar to Zelo with art work on the walls and great local handmade food.  All their pasta is hand made and they have a lady that comes in every night to bake fresh bread!
Since we were baby-free for the night I ordered a yummy Kendall Jackson Reserve Chardonnay...
Here's me enjoying my glass of wine...

We started out with of course Calamari.  These were the largest Calamari rings I think we have ever had.  They also had a citrus aoli sauce that was superb!
Then I ordered Linguine with Sea Bass, Salmon, Ahi Tuna in a red sauce.  What I love about this restaurant is that not only can you get a 3oz glass of wine, but you can get a half plate of food.  The half plate is pretty much exactly the perfect amount of food for me.
After dinner we headed off to see Cirque Du Soleil's new show OVO.  I think I held my breath about a hundred times during the show.  I'm pretty sure that all the performers are made of rubber!  It was such a great memorable show!

The next morning it was time to dust off the golf clubs and shoes and get out all the golf balls!  The first golf game of the summer was Sunday in Stillwater with my family.  Last year it was so humid and hot it was so nice to golf in 60 degree weather and not get off the course dripping in sweat.  Although I did not golf the greatest game it was so nice to know the snow is gone and it's time to golf!
And Monday I spend the day with my two favorite people...

No comments:

Post a Comment