Friday, October 21, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

This recipe has been most loved by myself and my family growing up.  I think I used to request this dinner for my birthdays as well.  It's so easy to make and kids absolutely love it (even my picky eater son)!  One kid even said to me that it tastes like pizza!

Spaghetti Pie
Ingredients:
1/2lb vermicelli
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1lb hamburger meat
1 small cottage cheese
1 small jar of spaghetti sauce of your choice
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook vermicelli according to package.  Mix vermicelli with butter.  Cook hamburger meat until no longer pink.  Place cooked vermicelli in bottom of a sprayed pan.  Layer hamburger, cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and cheddar on top.  Bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment